Wah Taj! says Prateik Babbar

Posted on
  • Thursday, July 28, 2011
  • Prateik Babbar, the versatile actor was in city while shooting in the premises of Taj Mahal. Dakhalandazi spoke to him about his forthcoming ventures and about the city.


    Saumya Verma, Agra
    saumyaverma@dakhalandazi.com

    Filmstars, celebrities keep pouring in Agra off and on for either movie shootings or promoting their serials. This time Agra gets lucky with Prateik Babbar who is making waves in Hindi film Industry. He was here in the city for two days to shoot for an untitled movie in the premises of Taj Mahal. Though there are some speculations that the movie name is Prem Katha but the actor states that it is still untitled. It is a love story which has been made in Tamil and Telugu. Now it is being going to remake in Hindi with an actress of British origin, Emma Jackson. Gautam Menon is directing the movie.

    Speaking about his first movie, Jaane tu Ya Jaane Na in which he did a small cameo, Prateik says, “Though it was a cameo but that role garnered me huge popularity amongst youngsters”. Then came Kiran Rao’s Dhobi Ghat again a Aamir Khan Productions in which he was cast in leading role. He says, “ I am lucky to work with Aamir Khan is first two movies of my career with him. He is an inspiration. As far as Dhobhi Ghaat is concerned it proved to be a big break in my career and the story started on the sets of Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. Kiran Rao noticed me on the sets of the movie and there only she discussed about her upcoming project. I am lucky to have support of Kiran Rao and Aamir Khan. They are really very encouraging. I hope I get opportunities to work with them in the future.”

    His last released movie Dum Maro Dum too earned him the love of people. He says, “ It was a different experience with it. I hope I keep doing the good work in future too.”

    Agra is not new to this lad, He shares, “I have been in Agra before also. My Dad is politician. I have visited the city during elections campaigning. I have the liking for the city. The best thing about the city is Taj Mahal. It’s compelling beauty keeps one coming again and again to the city. Its beauty is at its best.Other good thing about the city is Red Fort. It is also a nice option to visit. The one thing which I dislike about the city is hot weather. It is scorching during the summers”.
    This Bollywood newbie is quite talented besides movies, he has other skills under his belt. Prateik has special training in Yoga, Kalaripayattu (the South Indian martial art) and South American Dance.

    Other projects include the lead role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali Productions' My Friend Pinto by Raaghav Dar, Ishk which is an Indian adaptation of Romeo and Juliet and UTV Motions Pictures' Milan Talkies by Tigmanshu Dhulia.


    Next previous
     
    Copyright (c) 2011दखलंदाज़ी
    दखलंदाज़ी जारी रहे..!